The city of Portland Oregon is known for its diversity in terms its residents as well as travel and vacation options. Each year, millions of people from the U.S. and around the world make their way to Portland to enjoy its diversity in the form of attractions and events as well as its convenience, its beauty and even better, its affordability. Take a look at this one of a kind destination for travel and explore 10 of its must see destinations and things to do with a review from Island Trader Vacations.
- Powell’s City of Books – Officially the largest independent bookstore in the world, Powell’s City of Books began in 1971 as a small store. Today, Powell’s encompasses an entire city block and is considered one of the most popular landmarks in all of Portland.
- Pittock Mansion – A tribute to the early days of Portland and its logging days, Pittock Mansion sits perched high above the city offering amazing views and a rich history.
- Portland Farmers Market – As people continue to get back to basics in the U.S., farmers markets around the U.S. offer the perfect opportunity to enjoy local products and the opportunity to be closer to our food. This market is considered one of the best and is open daily with access to more than 100 farmers and food producers offering only the freshest ingredients.
- International Rose Test Garden – Free guided tours allow visitors to enjoy this popular destination. Founded in 1917, this rose garden overlooks downtown and is home to 4 acres of over 400 variety of roses to entice your senses.
- Lan Su Chinese Garden – An ideal climate for growing makes Portland great for enjoying nature including this popular garden. Once a parking lot, this amazing garden is now home to covered walkways, ponds, waterfalls, courtyards, stones and beautiful flowers and trees in honor of China’s beauty.
- Japanese Garden – Considered the most authentic Japanse Garden outside of Japan itself, this massive garden spans over 5 acres above Washington Park and offers a Japanese Tea House, streams, walkways, and stunning views.
- Oregon Zoo – One of the best in the nation, this amazing conservation zoo is home to over 2000 animals from around the world and is most well known for its Asian elephant breeding program.
- Portland Art Museum – One of many museums found in Portland, the Portland Art Museum is a must see destination. Internationally recognized, it offers an extensive collection of art throughout the ages.
- OMSI – Another of the top museums, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry or OMSI is a leading science museum in the U.S. which features hundreds of exhibits and displays.
- Portland Saturday Market – The nation’s largest weekly open air market, this must visit market is the chance to enjoy live music, food, unique and handmade crafts and a uniquely distinct Portland experience.
Hundreds of other attractions, destinations, events and things to do keep visitors returning year after year to this amazing U.S. destination. From historic sites and religious site to museums, world famous events, amazing restaurants, breweries and more, find out what you have been missing and start planning your journey today.
Island Trader Vacations reviews destinations, tips and news to help you travel. Learn more and travel more when you review with Island Trader Vacations.